Client: Bernard Matthews
Agency: Shorthose Russell
Brief: Sixty years ago Bernard Matthews started with just 20 eggs, now it is the largest turkey farmer in the country producing a wide range of branded and non-branded fresh and frozen poultry food. Bernard Matthews wanted to recognise and reward the outstanding achievements of young people throughout Norfolk and Suffolk.
Solution: The Bernard Matthews Youth Awards was created to celebrate the skills, talent and dedication of nominated individuals in 8 categories from community work to bravery. Support and management of the event for three years incorporated:
– Content for a bespoke Youth Awards website
– Management of the online entry process and winner selection
– Presenter sourcing and liaison
– Entertainment and stage management
– Script writing and creative direction
– Negotiation with media partners and sponsors
– Social media channel creation and management
– On-site rehearsals and event management
Results: Each year the awards ceremony was attended by around 350 people with over 100 young people were recognised on the night. Every award winner was presented with a trophy and £1,000 to put towards their life’s ambitions and goals.